Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Water For Elephants Review

Well, I finally finished Water for Elephants. I posted a summary of the book in one of my previous posts and am also linking to the book on Barnes and Noble, so I won't bother posting a summary here. Just my opinion/review of it.

I must say, it really wasn't a bad read. I did take me over a week to finish reading, which is highly unusual for me. Although the story was interesting, it didn't have me so engrossed that I just HAD to keep reading. But that is not to say it was UNinteresting so to speak. Just a bit slow at times. It started off a bit slow, but did pick up about half way through. The author did such a good job of portraying the main character "Jacob" that I completely forgot she was a woman. She definitely did her research on "Circus Life" and I felt like I got a glimpse of what that life would have been like. The character of August was definitely an interesting one to see develop as well. I know Christoph Waltz will be playing the character of August in the movie that is coming out and I am so excited for that. I think he will do a phenomenal job portraying the crazyness that is August.

As much as I enjoyed the book, I really didn't feel the characters were very deep emotionally. The relationships between the characters just weren't incredibly believable to me. They didn't make me feel what they were feeling. If that makes any sense.

That being said, All-in-all I don't regret reading this. It's definitely a great book to pick up to get a glimpse into a different time of life and to witness a quite unique love triangle.

I am rating "Water for Elephants"


'Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment